Silky Hayauchi 390 12-Foot Pole Saw
• Maximum working reach 17 feet
• Approximate weight 1,650g (3.64lb)
• 6.5 teeth per 30mm (5.5 teeth per inch)
• Extension range 7'3" to 12' (2,280 to 3,700mm)
• 390mm (15.35 inch) length chrome plated blade
• Lightweight and rigid aluminum oval shaped pole
• 1-Extension (2 poles) model that extends to 12 feet
• Comes with its own full length, hard plastic scabbard
• Double lock system insures your safety while working
• Limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
**A quick release "stopper button" has been added for easier attachment and removal of the head. Before this enhancement, the head was attached using two "fixed" screws . On the new version of the Hayauchi, the stopper button and threaded bolt holds the head in place
When I unpacked this saw I was shocked by the weight of the pole and the size and thickness of the blade. I thought perhaps I should have chosen a smaller saw, so put it away in my shed to admire and try someday. Well, this week was bulk trash pickup and I wanted to cut a couple of branches off my citrus trees. Normally I would have begged or bribed my son or son-in-law to do this for me, but got out the new saw and started. This saw is magnificent!!! It worked beautifully for branches from 1â to 6â thick. I intended to cut only 2 or 3 branches, but it was so easy I pruned and thinned 2 trees with minimal effort. It actually worked best for low branches, ones that were below the level of my hands. I stood a pole length away and the weight of the saw helped put pressure on the blade so all I needed to do was pull. It was convenient to have a curved blade at each end of the saw; this kept the saw in position, preventing it from slipping off the branch. The easy part of my job was cutting branches, it took much longer to drag and stack the cuttings for pickup. Because of the weight of this saw, it might be difficult for me, a small woman, to use extended or for high branches which requires arm and upper body strength. I might still need to bribe the guys to help with this. No buyerâs remorse with this purchase, only buyerâs rejoice.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Silky saws are manufactured in Ono Japan, home of the finest cutlery steel known to man. Crafting fine wood cutting saws since the early 1900Âs, Silky continues to raise the bar for quality, endurance and cutting efficiency that none can match. Leading the industry in both design and innovation, saw users are changing their language in all parts of the world from merely asking for a saw, to asking for a Silky.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet