Silky Pocketboy 170 Large Teeth Folding Saw
• Weight 212g (7.5 oz)
• Superior finish quality
• Non-slip rubberized handle
• Folding feature protects blade
• 170mm (6.7 inch) length blade
• Electrical induction hardened teeth
• Chrome plated, taper ground blade
• 8 teeth per 30mm (6.77 teeth per inch)
• Low effort triple edge, non-set tooth design
• Flip-Lock carrying case with belt clip included
• Blade locks securely in two positions for flush cutting
• Limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
If your a Hunter that needs to clear your tree stand or ground blind, Hiker/Camper that needs to cut your wrist sized firewood to length, or need to do some light outdoor pruning of tree limbs up to the 2"-3" diameter range, or any other cutting/sawing of this nature, this is the Saw for you! It is well made of modern materials, folds easily and SAFELY, and locks into place using either of the two locking "notches" provided in the tool. It is comfortable in the hand with, or without, gloves, cuts on the PULL stroke, easily learned, to help avoid "Bowing" of the blade thus defeating the purpose of the blade, and cuts well beyond what one would think is the normal capacity of a saw this sized! I first bought the Pocketboy 130 for myself and after using it, bought the Pocketboy 170 for my youngster to put in his Hunting Pack as the blade in the 170 being a bit longer is easier for him to use as he does not yet have his old man's "Hand's-On" experience with all types of "Wood Saws" and how to make them work best. Needless to say, he immediately went out in his workshop and proceeded to cut up some pine, then Oak 2"x 4"'s and is very happy with his saw! He told me it was one of the more useful Christmas Gifts I have given him this year! As my particular needs involve sawing through wood, green and seasoned, as quickly,as easily, and most times as quietly, as possible, I bought this saw with the most aggressive cutting blade "Course Cut" offered. When you first open the blade and check out the teeth, you will know exactly what I mean! ~W-I-C-K-E-D~!! But these saws are definitely worth their price. Here is hoping you find this review helpful, if somewhat lengthy and digressing! Cordially, Coyote [[[[[ End of Review ]]]]]
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Silky saws are manufactured in Ono Japan, home of the finest cutlery steel known to man. Crafting fine wood cutting saws since the early 1900Âs, Silky continues to raise the bar for quality, endurance and cutting efficiency that none can match. Leading the industry in both design and innovation, saw users are changing their language in all parts of the world from merely asking for a saw, to asking for a Silky.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet