Thrower Supply Scout Throwing Tomahawk
This throwing tomahawk has been designed specifically for the Boy Scouts of America. This hawk is the ideal weight & size for Ages 12-18. This throwing tomahawk hand forged from high carbon steel. It comes with a smooth sanded 19" hickory straight grain throwing tomahawk handle. The handle also comes with a sure-grip wax coating on it to increase grip strength and handle durability.
• Overall Length: 19 inches
• Blade Edge Length: 3.75 inches
• Overall Weight: 1.5 lbs
• Thin & Sharpened Blade Edge
• Straight Grain American Hickory Handle
• Handle Finish: Sanded & Waxed
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
Went to Water Creek knap in Arkansas and watched a tomahawk throwing contest. Promptly got on Knife Depot to hunt up a tomahawk to learn with. Priced well and quality made tool. Learned quickly to hit the target and would recommend this tomahawk to anyone. Blade takes a nice sharp edge. Look forward to ordering some throwing knives.
Forge and finish is very crude and edges need a lot of work which is completely acceptable for the price. What I wasn't expecting to receive was two tomahawks with 18" handles and one with the advertised 19" handle. It seems that the eye size is very inconsistent causing each to seat differently on its handle and two were shortened by an inch at the top to eliminate the noticeable excess. I've never purchased tomahawks before so I don't know if this is common but the idea of buying 3 of the same tomahawk was for a consistent set, I'm assuming different length handles might mess with that a bit.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
What We Do
Thrower Supply supplies high quality & authentic products such as hand forged throwing tomahawks, axes and knives. We're based in Springville, Utah, but our hawks can be seen throughout the world. We've supplied hawks to TV shows such as "Are You Tougher Than a Boy Scout?", to organizations such as the Boy Scouts of America, and many government military groups.
Our goal is to grow the sport of tomahawk throwing. We want to see every Boy Scout group (and girl scout group for that matter) throwing hawks. We want to see more hawk throwing and less people cooped up in their homes playing video games or watching TV. Our goal is to sell more tomahawks so more people will enjoy the outdoors.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet