Droll Yankees Domed Cage Bird Feeder
• Capacity: 2.5 pounds
• Extended top makes refilling easy
• Dimensions: 10" diameter x 20" tall
• Sheltering dome protects against weather
• Stainless steel wire that is long lasting and chew-proof
• Spring clamp keeps dome in place and removes for cleaning
• Coated 1.5 inch openings let songbirds in, keep pesky squirrels out
• UV stabilized polycarbonate tube that won't yellow with age
• Threaded base allows the feeder to be pole mounted
• Cage removes easily for cleaning
• Tray catches spilled seed
• Made in the USA
This feeder is strong, well built, easy to fill and a pleasure to own.
After six weeks our Central Texas squirrels have still not compromised the Droll Yankees Domed Caged Feeder but they are working on it. The outer cage is made of plastic coated steel wire. The squirrels have almost gnawed all of the plastic coating off of the wire. I believe their strategy is to wait for the uncoated steel wire to rust through during our rainy fall and winter. A heavier gage, uncoated stainless wire would have been a better choice. However, the squirrels have not attempted to gnaw through the base or cover of the feeder, instead electing to go for the more direct approach of attacking the mesh. Mounting the Droll Yankees Domed Cage Feeder was another challenge, it took several trips to the hardware store. Our old bird feeder had an external, "universal" clamp which would work for any reasonable range of pole size without having to figure out how to adapt to a fixed, female thread in the base of the feeder.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
In 1969, Peter Kilham developed the A-6F tubular bird feeder, leading to a new and exciting approach in bird feeding. As an artist, engineer and inventor, he cared about using quality materials and innovative design to create a feeder that birds loved and people found easy to use. Still a best seller, the functional simplicity of the A-6 preserves its place as the standard in the industry.
At Droll Yankees, we continue to strive to maintain the high standards of design and functionality set by Peter Kilham. We're proud of our feeders and the legacy of being recognized as makers of the world's best bird feeders.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet