DZI Handmade Designs Beehive Felt Birdhouse
Yes! This hand felted wool birdhouse can be hung outside as well as inside, and yes, small birds like wren, chickadees, nuthatch and titmouse may go inside! The 1 1/4 inch hole is sized for use by small birds but can be enlarged to 1 1/2 inch to appeal to larger birds such Bluebirds and Tree Swallows. Birds might also pull at the wool to use in making their own nests. Hang one up and see what happens! The body is made of 100 percent naturally water repellent wool and rarely gets wet inside. Surface moisture from dew, rain or snow quickly dries in the open air. Wool is also naturally dirt and mold resistant. Generally, a good brushing is all thats needed. Otherwise, work the spot with mild soapy water, then rinse and air-dry. Do not use a washing machine or dryer. Will last forever in a protected place such as a porch or inside where its highly decorative qualities are sure to bring a smile to everyone. Use it as a door greeter, a porch ornament, or to enliven a kitchen, bath or bedroom! If placed in direct sun colors will begin to fade within a month as with any dyed fabric, but the opening and body will keep its shape in even the hardest weather. Made with sustainably harvested materials including wool, hemp for the hanging cord and a bamboo perch. Hand crafted by skilled artisans working in a fair trade production center in Kathmandu, Nepal. Comes lightly packed with shredded recycled paper to maintain shape. Remove when ready to use. Also includes a clean out door at the bottom.
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet