Ergo Chef Pro-Series 9" DUO Silicone Kitchen & Serving Tongs - Lime Green
The 9" Duo Tongs - Lime Green - Manufactured with 1mm thick x 9" durable Stainless Steel, TPR Non-slip grip, Multi-Purpose design with 500 degree silicone on one side for non-stick pans and soft foods & Steel side for all other pans and to get a solid grip on larger & slippery foods. Slotted head drains liquid easy for less mess.
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Like most unique companies, Ergo Chef was founded serendipitously.
Scott Staib wasn't supposed to make knives; he was supposed to be a chef. After his training at Johnson & Wales University, Scott set out to rise through the culinary ranks. His first stop was an ultra-swanky country club where he proved his mettle as the saute and grill chef. Next was his gig as sous chef for Aramark Food Service Corporation. He was on the fast track in foodservice when he was sidelined by tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome result of the repetitive motion injuries caused by frequent chopping and slicing. Without a fully-functioning wrist, Staib could not cook his dinner, let alone advance his career. He was not alone.
Scott found that he was not the only chef/professional or home cook to suffer from tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome. He enrolled his engineer brother, Mike, to help find the solution. They worked closely with designers at the family's design and machining company in New England to examine how a conventional knife fits in a chef's hand, the movement of a chef's wrist and hand during chopping and the angle at which a knife hits the cutting board. Together, they crafted a knife that was a true extension of a chef's hand.
After just three weeks of using the ergonomically-designed knives, Scott's persistent tendinitis and carpal tunnel symptoms disappeared. He created 50 prototypes of the knives and sent them to professional chefs, student chefs and culinary professors across the country. The response was overwhelmingly positive, and Ergo Chef was born.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet