Cold Steel Knives Trail Hawk
Accepted Payment Methods:
Cold Steel Tomahawks are built to last and withstand all the beating that can be thrown at them. The heads are forged from 1055 Carbon Steel and the handles are either American Hickory for a traditional look and feel or durable polypropylene in the modern Trench Hawk. Because the head is detachable (except 382012), these tomahawks can be used as a handheld blade for the delicate wilderness work, or as a camp axe for bigger, rougher work. Whether on the trail or at camp these handy tools are ready to work! (Note: any wood handle can, and will, eventually break).
• 382014 Trail Hawk weighs 23.6 oz and offers a more classic design and feel while still offering the hammer-head butt for tent stakes or nails if need be.
Only gave it 3 stars because you have to put quite a bit of modification and finish work to make thus a good hawk. The coating on the blade , the stupid set screw & the handle finish & fit are all pretty bad. Sanded handle, removed blade paint & set screw & was able to make it a pretty good hawk. It is light & but still decent for small chopping & such once you sharpen the incredibly dull blade. I? carry it around with me on hikes because it is light & versatile tool. Not so good outta the box , but with mods done it is a nice tool. Once the paint is off the head, you can see it is nice steel to profile how you like.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet