Icom MA-500TR AIS Transponder with MX-G5000 GPS Receiver Class B
MA-500TRThe MA-500TR is a class B AIS transponder that offers modern navigation safety while matching the clean look of Icom's award-winning VHF and SSB radios. Give your helm a handsome, harmonious look for fraction of the price. The MA-500TR automatically shares your vessel information with other AIS transponders. If you want to contact another vessel, you no longer need to locate and punch in its 9-digit MMSI number - the MA-500TR does it automatically. AIS information is displayed on the MA-500TR's own modest (yet clear and bold) screen or, for those who want a larger screen, in an NMEA-standard data stream for use by third-party chartplotters or other onboard nav gear. When you want the best, get the best. Get Icom. Simply the best.The MA-500TR is a Class B AIS transponder for Non-SOLAS vessels such as pleasure craft, work-boat and small vessels. Your vessels information will automatically be transmitted at fixed intervals or under base station control. The MA-500TR receives dual AIS channels (Ch. 87B and Ch. 88B) simultaneously and receives both Class A and Class B AIS information. Transmitted information by MA-500TR is:
• MMSI code
• Vessel name
• Call sign
• Type of ship
• GPS antenna position
• Ship's position
• SOG (Speed over ground)
• COG (Course over ground)
• UTC date and time
• GPS antenna type
• PA (Position Accuracy)Simple operationThe Plotter display looks like a marine radar display. North-up, course-up and range zoom from 0.125 NM to 24 NM are supported. The Target list display shows all detected AIS equipped vessels and targets. The Danger list display shows a list of vessels that are within 6 NM CPA and 60 minutes TCPA from your vessel. The Danger list can be sorted by CPA or TCPA order. In addition to these display types, the Detail screen shows various information about the selected AIS target.CPA and TCPA for collision-risk managementWhen a vessel comes into the CPA and TCPA range, the vessel icon blinks on the Plotter dispaly and emits a beep sound. When connected to external audio equipment installed on the deck tower, the collision alarm function will alert you even when you are away from the AIS transponder.Individual DSC callWhen connected to a compatible Icom VHF radio. It's easy to make an individual DSC call. Select a vessel using the MA-500TR's cusor keys and then push the "DSC" button on the MA-500TR. It is not required to input an MMSI number manually.100 Waypoints memoryUp to 100 waypoints can be stored on the waypoint list. The "MOB" button allows you to set a waypoint on your current position instantly. Safety-related messageWhen the MA-500TR receives a safetey-related message from a Class A AIS transponder, the message icon appears on the Plotter display. Up to 20 received DSC messages are automatically stored in the log memory. 3-line NMEA input/outputThe MA-500TR has 15-pin D-SUB connector providing 3-lines of NMEA input/output on the rear panel. The supplied NMEA connector cable simplifies the installation and connection to the VHF radio and other navigation equipment.GPS receiver comes with MA-500TRThe MX-5000 GPS receiver is a 12 channel parallel GPS receiver with SBAS function.
• Other Features
• Full dot-matrix display with adjustable backlight and contrast
• Works with Icom's M504/M604 VHF radios
• IPX7 waterproof protection (up to 1m depth of water for 30 minutes, except connections)
• Self diagnosis function
• Flush mount installation with optional MB-75
• Slow warm function
• SOLAS/Non-SOLAS: Non-Solas
• GPS Included: Yes
• Display Included: Yes
• Antenna Included: Yes
• AIS Class: B
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet