Maxwell HRC10 Horizontal Rope Chain Windlass - 12V Capstan
Accepted Payment Methods:
HRC10 Rope/Chain SeriesMaxwell's all new HRC10 Horizontal Series represents yet another breakthrough in performance and anchor handling excellence. These horizontal, fully automatic rope/chain windlasses have been designed to meet the demands for use on larger vessels up to 16 meters (52'), which require a completely above deck installation system. The HRC10 flawlessly handles rope up to 16mm (⅝") and chain up to 10mm (⅜") in size, including the thick rope to chain splice. The modern appearance of the HRC10 Series retains the classic good looks of previous Maxwell horizontal windlasses, while incorporating design features years ahead of its competitors.All HRC Series windlasses are fitted with Maxwell's unique Wave Design chainwheel.This patented rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval.As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a 'wave pattern' action that is far superior to the traditional 'jam cleat' manner of holding the rope. Not only does this Wave Design hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode.Wave Design ChainwheelIs fitted to all HRC Series windlasses, designed for anchor rodes with any marine grade chain, G4, BBB, Proof Coil and Metric. Features
• The all new HRC10 fully automatic horizontal windlass series is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 8mm (5⁄16") and 10mm (&$8540;") short link chain and 14mm (9⁄16") and 16mm (⅝) three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope.
• The aesthetically pleasing above deck design, evolved from the philosophy of form follows function, encapsulates the motor and drive in a two part watertight case, saving space below deck.
• The two part case consists of a die cast, marine-grade hard anodised alloy front section and a rugged and easily removable composite motor cover aft section.
• This two piece watertight case allows for quick and easy, on-deck, routine maintenance.
• Simple "bolt down" installation ensures effortless and rapid on-deck installation and set up.
• The stainless steel pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure on the rode (rope, splice or chain).
• The new and revolutionary patented Wave Design chainwheel is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences, within the specified chain size diameters, suitable for use with the HRC10 Series.
• The unique Maxwell "wrap around" horizontal chainwheel ensures that more than 90° of the wheel is used, allowing greatly improved rope and chain handling compared with competitor designs.
• The HRC10 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes for those who desire the added security and holding power of an all-chain anchor system.
• The integral chain pipe and huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
• Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, "free fall" anchoring and emergency crank recovery of the rode and anchor if required.
• The sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and wormwheel.
• Chain - Type: BBB
• Rope Diameter (Inches): 5/8"
• Vertical/Horizontal: Horizontal
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet