Maxwell RC8 12V Windlass - 1000W 5/16 Chain to 5/8 Rope
• The all new RC8-6 fully automatic rope/chain windlass is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 6mm/7mm (1/4") chain spliced to 12mm (1/2") three strand or 8-plait rope.
• Maximum Pull: 1320lbs
• The larger RC8-8 can be used with 8mm (5/16") chain spliced to 14mm (9/16") three strand or 8-plait rope.
• The ingeniously designed rope/chain gypsy (chainwheel) is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences within the specified chain size diameters suitable for use with the RC8 Series.
• Sleek, low profile and MAX-grip capstan drum versions are available to suit individual user preference.
• Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass.
• Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
• Full disassembly capability of top works utilizing handle provided, a screw driver and an Allen key.
• The RC8 Series is manufactured from marine grade 316 stainless steel for long term durability. The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm is designed to effectively help grasp the rope/chain splice, giving the RC8 an unparalleled level of performance.
• In combination with a heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure.
• The RC8 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes for those who desire a low profile, elegantly styled windlass on their foredeck.
• Huge through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
• Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, free fall anchoring.
• Manual override using the emergency crank handle provided
• Sealed oil bath and marine grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and worm wheel.
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet