Powerwinch Capstan 1000 Winch
Accepted Payment Methods:
CapstansWhy Capstans?Rather than using the hand-over-hand method of retrieving lines, the capstan offers a mechanical advantage that is both faster and safer. The capstan does the heavy lifting with only a small amount of effort. The maximum speed of the line retrieval depends on the rotational speed of the drum. The benefit is that the retrieval speed can be adjusted by decreasing the tension on the retrieved line, maintaining control over a very heavy load with little effort.This useful device, which has been around since the early days of sailing, is still used today. Recreational fishermen, like commercial fishermen, use these for hauling crab and lobster pots and there are many other uses aboard boats. The few mechanical parts and ease of use have made this a favorite of fisherman worldwide. While chains should NEVER be wrapped around a drum, the majority of lines can be handled on a capstan.A capstan, typically operated by an easy to use footswitch (shown above), allows the boater to control lines with ease without having additional crew members. Powerwinch has a model to fit your needs. All Powerwinch capstans come with a foot control switch that allows for hands-free operation.Capstan 1000Multi-purpose rope winch for anchoring, sailing & Fishing1000 pounds of pulling power!Our largest capstan, the Capstan 1000, is a power assisted rope capstan for larger applications with 1000 pound pull power and 40 ft/minute retrieval speed. A great tool for quick retrieval lobster, prawn and crab pots. The Capstan 100 also provides power assist for limited crew sailboats and power assisted anchor retrieval. Uses up to 3/4" diameter rope.
• Fast 40'/min retrieval speed
• 1000 lb max pulling power
• Handles unlimited rope lengths
• Easy to operate footswitch (included)
• All aluminum housing with a durable polyester finish
• Thermal automatic resetting circuit breaker
• One piece, heat-treated and oil-impregnated gears
• Protect-a-deck gasket(1/8" rubber)
• Stainless steel internal shafts, fasteners, and hardware
• Two year limited warranty
• Boat Length - Max (Feet): 1000 Pound Pull
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet