ProForce Commando Wire Saw
The Strongest (over 100 lbs breaking strain) and most effective wire saw available. Cuts through wood, plastic, bone and even soft metals. Constructed using 8 strands of interwoven stainless steel wire, will easily reach inaccessible places. Attach rope to split ring on each end to cut higher branches 24" sawing edge. Many uses for the outdoor and home.
EXCELLENT sawing tool, 'nuff said - strong, great design on the wire's multiple cutting threads - you can get cheaper but I have yet to get a better wire saw. I was pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend and I will buy them again. Con - a tad longer would have been nice.
I am very satisfied with this product!
I purchased this saw for an unusual purpose. I needed to cut 4" PVC pipe in a location where there was only 1/4" clearance between the pipe and concrete on two sides. With this limited clearance, I couldn't use the normal cutting tools for the job. Once I learned to cool the pipe with running water (the saw got stuck once because the heat generated by cutting melted the pipe enough to grab the cutting wire) it cut the pipe fairly quickly and very cleanly. A fair performance on a job for which it probably was not designed. My only complaint would be the small rings that are used as handles. They are not very comfortable. But, I guess that is the compromise the manufacturer has made so that it will pack small, and it does pack very small. I would buy this tool again.
It has worked very well for small limbs.
It is difficult to efficiently use. It can take a beating.
This saw cuts well. THe handles are a bit small, but a pair of old carabiners solve the grip problem. With a bit of effort, you can cut a 4" piece of dried oak in about 5-7 minutes. I have a saw that is made from what looks like chain saw links, and this wire saw performs as well as the chain saw type at about 1/4 the weight. I wish that it were a bit longer so I could make better use of my arm length, but this is an excellent saw.
Purchased for emergency survival kit. Not to be used except for an emergency. Hope it won't let me down. ;-)
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet