Kestrel 3000 Wind Meter
The Kestrel 3000 Pocket weather meter is the handheld weather-monitoring device that provides a wide range of functions, plus accurate relative humidity measurements. Before the Kestrel 3000 came along, the technology required to gather this information would require masses of equipment but not anymore. The Kestrel 3000 weather meter measures essential environmental parameters like temperature and wind speeds, and has added advantages for professionals that need access to humidity and heat stress readings.
Because of its compact size and high durability, the Kestrel 3000 and Kestrel 3500 have become the pocket weather meters of choice for Wildland firefighters, concrete professionals, even professional coaches all of whom need accurate weather info to properly access environmental conditions and make crucial decisions.
The Kestrel 3000's sensitive and user-replaceable impeller technology provides accurate wind speed info. Additionally, an external temperature sensor and waterproof casing allow you to gauge the temperature of water (it even floats) and snow, as well as the open air.
The Kestrel 3000 accurately measures:
• Wind Chill
• Air, Water, and Snow Temperature
• Displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius w/ accuracy of +/-1°
• Current, Average, and Maximum Wind Speed
• Wind Speeds displayed in: Beaufort Wind Scale; Knots; MPH; KPH; or Feet Per Minute
• Relative Humidity
• Heat Stress Index
• Protective cover with sure-grip molding
• Data hold function
• Large easy-to-read display
• Waterproof and floats
• Quick-response, external thermometer
• Quick-response humidity sensor
• Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field in the field with the Kestrel Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
• Innovative design for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes
• Patented, user-replaceable impeller (no tools needed)
• Ultralight impeller is mounted in jewel bearings for precision, wide range of speeds and low startup speed
• Impeller is shock-mounted in a glass-reinforced plastic housing
• All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
• Actual size: 4.8" x 1.7" x 0.6 " (size w/out case)
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet
All Kestrel Pocket weather meters are made in the USA and covered by a 5-year warranty against manufacturing defects. Additionally, every single Kestrel manufactured is calibrated for every single value, either directly against NIST-traceable standards or against an intermediary standard that is calibrated daily