Wilderness First Responder, 2nd Edition by Buck Tilton
Accepted Payment Methods:
Wilderness First Responder is a comprehensive text for the recognition, treatment, and prevention of wilderness emergencies. It's essential reading for wilderness educators, trip leaders, guides, search and rescue groups, and anyone who works or plays far from definitive medical care.
This invaluable resource includes expert, step-by-step instructions, clear illustrations, and "Signs and Symptoms" sidebars designed to help you provide immediate care in the wilderness - whenever you are more than an hour away from an ambulance or a hospital. You'll learn how to conduct a patient assessment, improvise when ideal materials are not handy, and decide whether or not to evacuate a patient.
Learn how to assess and treat:
• Airway obstructions
• Cardiac arrest
• External and internal bleeding
• Spine injuries
• Head injuries
• Chest injuries
• Abdominal injuries
• Fractures and dislocations
• Athletic injuries
• Soft-tissue injuries
• Cold- or heat-induced injuri es
• Altitude sickness
• Insect bites and stings
• Diabetic emergencies
• Poisoning emergencies
• Allergic reactions and anaphylaxis
and much, much more
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet