18" Sport Axe with Stainless Steel Head and Hickory Handle (Sheath Sold Separately)
Designed to meet the rigorous standards of international throwing competitions, the FireStone 18-inch Sport axe boasts a 440C stainless steel head attached to a durable hickory handle. Its unique shape means you can hit your target at several angles, and the weight of the axe offers a nice balance for expert throwing.
A hex setscrew locks the head in place, which means you can adjust it anywhere on the handle. When you're not hurling this axe at a target, it can also be used for light fieldwork.
• Weight: 28 ounces
• Overall length: 18"
• Solid hickory handle
• 440C stainless steel axe head
• Head is dipped in rust inhibitor and machine ground to a sharp edge
• Handle is secured with a hexagonal set screw in the back of the head
This is such a blast!!!! Love it!
The axe has great balance for throwing, but the handle leaves something to be desired. I made one and retro-fitted it to the head.
An excellent throwing axe!
This hatchet is fun and easy to use! The handle is nice too, because it is made out of square stock wood. That means you can make a handle out of any scrap piece of wood and not have to order one ever time you brake it.
Item is good, nice design, nice weight, and very sharp. Buying from across the border is expensive and lengthy process. I should have bought the sheath. The sheath should have appeared as a recommended Item with photo and price. Thanks.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet