Carving Axe with Sheath
A proud woodsman needs a respectable axe, and this carving axe is just it. The bold curves of its blade and laminated Baltic birch handle evoke the flowing design of the classic Viking shipbuilder's axe. As you can tell, a high level of craft is involved in every inch of this axe. The head is made from hardy 440 stainless steel that is bead-blasted to a satin finish and secured to the handle with quality stainless steel locks and screws. You'll be able to chop and carve wood with a secure grip, even while using this axe at full strength.
• Tool head: 440 stainless steel
• Finish: Bead-blasted for a quality satin finish
• Includes handcrafted full grain leather sheath
• Warranted for life - 100% satisfaction guaranteed
• Stainless steel set-screw holds the handle in the head
• Stainless steel roll pin locks the head to the handle
• Handle is made from laminated Baltic birch
• Weight: 1 pound 4.5 ounces
• Overall length: 12.5"
• Cutting edge: 4.5"
• Blade width: 5"
Anything axe-ish made from 440C (or any stainless steel grade) is 3rd rate, at best. Carbon spring steel, guys. Stop selling this jankie stainless. Stainless is not designed for pressures or forces that an axe, sword, machete or other impact related blade will experience.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet