Bayou Classic 24 Quart Fryer /Steamer with Lid
Accepted Payment Methods:
•Stainless Steel Stockpot
•0.8 mm/20 gauge
•12.5" D x 11.75" H
Although I have only used this item in a limited capacity so far, it has performed admirably. The large capacity pot is perfect for home brewing, which is my primary use for the item, and seems to retain heat well (unusual for such a large pot). Previously, I purchased a cheaper stock pot and was amazed and disappointed when the electric burner from my stove burned a hole right through the bottom the first time I used it. I could tell immediately that this product was far superior in construction and quality. I would definitely recommend this product for the home brewer and heavy-duty cook as well.
It is good quality and perfect for brewing five gallons. I never have to worry about a boil over. This is exactly what I was looking for with the best price around!
The heavy duty design is built to last a life time. The price seemed a little high when I ordered it, but after it arrived and I looked at it and seen how thick the metal was, I believe it is under priced and the price will soon go up. The handles are double riveted to the pot instead of the normal one rivet. I accidentally dropped it from 5 feet when writing this review hitting the counter hard. I see no damage or mark. The extra large size means I can cook a big pot of soup and have room to carry it without spilling it. During a resent storm when the power went out I used it to heat water for the bath tub and boil water using my gas stove for drinking. It makes a good container for making home brew or canning. I must admit before I got it, I could not understand why my wife wanted one so much. Now I find it is great for emergencies and has saved money. I work with emergency management and am going to recommend that a large pot like this be kept in all homes in case of storms.
Nice product. Has some leakage at rivets on handles but I can deal with that.Timothy
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Barbour International, Inc. was founded in 1986 and introduced the Bayou Classic line of outdoor cooking products. The initial line consisted of steel gas cookers, aluminum stockpots, deep frying skillets, and accessories for boiling and frying seafood Cajun style.
As time passed, it became apparent that many forms of American cuisine had evolved, but few products were available to fill the various needs. Recognizing this fact, Barbour International, Inc. responded by developing a full line of cooking products to meet the demands of the growing outdoor cooking market.
In 1995, Barbour International, Inc. designed a Turkey Frying product for which it holds two U.S. patents. This design has rocketed the trend of frying whole turkeys to mainstream America. In keeping with the company policy of being the innovator in the industry, Barbour International, Inc. now has additional patents pending.
To meet the needs of regions of the country having their own style of outdoor cooking based on ethnic traditions, geography, and climate; Bayou Classic offers products for all of the following:
* Southern states: "Low Country Boil"
* Eastern states: "Steaming" crabs, clams, and oysters in Eastern states
* New England: "Boiling" lobsters
* Great Lakes region: "Fish Boils"
* Central States: "Boiling" corn
* Southwest: "Slow cooking" chili and stews
* Southern California, Texas and Florida: "Steaming and Boiling" tamales and menudos
* Gulf Coast: "Boiling" crawfish, shrimp, and crabs as well as gumbos and jambalaya
* West Coast: Wok cooking
* Nationwide: "Frying" fish and chicken
* Nationwide: "Frying" whole turkeys
To accomplish this, the Bayou Classic line now consists of a wide variety of stockpots and steamers, deepfryers, turkey and chicken fryers, outdoor gas cookers, cast iron cookware, and griddles. Most recently,stainless steel products including cookers, stockpots, deep fryers, and turkey fryers have been added to theproduct line. Barbour International, Inc.'s merchandising philosophy has been "narrow and deep". As a result, Bayou Classic carries a broad assortment of product within this narrowly defined segment of the outdoorcooking market. The driving principle of Bayou Classic is to offer the highest product value, determined by design, function, and safety. This principle combined with Barbour International, Inc.'s commitment to deliver superior performance in all aspects of operations has brought Bayou Classic to be,"The Finest in Outdoor Cooking Products!"
Why buy from Camping Gear Outlet?
- Extraordinary Customer Service - We don't just sell camping gear, we eat, sleep and breathe the outdoors. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Easy Returns for 30 Days - If you're not delighted on your excursion, then neither are we. At Camping Gear Outlet, we offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- Over 13,000 Camping Supplies in Stock - We carry a huge selection of camping gear from the world's best brands.
- BBB "A+" Rating - We've been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime "A+" rating.
We don't just sell camping gear, we're avid campers ourselves. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about the outdoors. I still even have the first Boy Scout knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Camping Gear Outlet