Down Under USA 129 Quart Long Icebox/Marine Cooler
|You Save:||$196.49 (27%)|
- 2" wall thickness
- Coated wire basket
- Marine grade fiberglass
- Replaceable watertight seal
- Easy-to-clean seamless design
- Recessed, non-marking, non-slip feet
- Special blended refrigeration insulation
- Replaceable molded high-impact nylon hardware
- Hold ice for 14 days depending on size of box and use
- Dimensions: 38.6"L x 17.1"W x 21.5"H
- Keeps items cold up to 14 days
- Strong, replaceable latches
- 5 year limited warranty
Catalog Number: 81342
Item Title: Down Under USA 129 Quart Long Icebox/Marine Cooler
Our Five Star and Tropical boxes are all Rotationally Molded; a far superior process to the Âblow moldingÂ method used by cheap coolers (think Igloo, Rubbermaid, and Coleman). Our boxes maintain a minimum material thickness of 3 mm of virgin material on both the inner and outer shell Â our competition (both Engel Ultra Cool and Icey Tek) use a 3 mm Outer Shell but only a 1.5 mm re-melt inner shell. When looking at the competitionÂs boxes you may notice that their inner liner looks like a different color that their outer, they may come up with clever marketing reasons as to why, but the truth is it is cheaper and easier to cut this corner in production Â something we never do at Downunder.
Another key step to building a better box is the method of attaching the hardware. In all of our boxes we mold in metal plates to back all of the hardware. We then rivet the hardware into place. Our competition uses both screws and rivets, but none of them use the metal plates. Without the metal plate, the plastic can strip out and make the hardware impossible to replace once stripped out. Due to our pop-rivet and metal system, in the rare case of a hardware failure, the item can be re-drilled and a new piece pop-riveted back into place using simple tools. The hardware on our boxes is very tough marine grade molded nylon. Not only is this product nearly indestructible, it is very attractive and easy to keep clean.
A main difference between the high-end ice boxes and coolers is insulation. Most inexpensive cooler donÂt even add insulation to their inner walls using the Âdead air spaceÂ as the buffer. It is important to note that air is the fastest transfer medium for heat and cold aroundÂ this means that the cold air in the cooler will leave faster through this dead air space than through an insulation of some kind. All of the better boxes that we sell against do use insulation, but not all insulation is created equally. All of our iceboxes come with a special blended refrigeration foam insulation that is applied under tightly controlled conditions to ensure that the foam bonds to the inner and outer shell, is of equal consistency throughout the walls and lid, and will not delaminate. Voids in insulation foam as well as foam that delaminates is a key cause to warped lids and boxes as well as inner and outer shell failures in our competitorÂs products.
What good is an ice box if you canÂt shut the lid tightly? All of our coolers come with food-grade water and air tight seal that is replaceable. Pour a glass of water into one of our cooler and turn the box on its sideÂ ..no water will leak out Â try that with our competitor, only not in a store or you will need a mop! If water can leak out, then so can cold air.
A great feature of our boxes is the non-slip and non-marking rubber feet. These feet really hold the box in place, even on the wet deck of a fiberglass boat.
Camping Gear Outlet Special Offers
Why Buy From Camping Gear Outlet?
- Personalized Customer Service - We do it the old-fashioned way. Call us and a real person will answer the phone. E-mail us and a real person will respond to you.
- Easy Returns - We offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee. Read more about our return policies.
- Fast Shipping - We process and ship orders in a very timely manner, often the same day that you place your order.
- Fast & Easy Shopping - Camping Gear Outlet is easy to understand and it's very simple to find what you're looking for. Browsing and checkout is a breeze, no need to create an account.
- Small Business - We're not a huge faceless corporation. We're a company made up of 10 people who work hard every day to earn your business. We care.
- Better Business Bureau - We have been a BBB Accredited business since 2005 with a lifetime BBB rating of "A+".
We Guarantee Your Satisfaction
We offer a 30-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee. If you have any questions about your order, you can call us and a real person will answer the phone. Click for full details.
BBB "A+" Rating Since 2005
Camping Gear Outlet has been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime rating of "A+". Click for the official BBB Report on Camping Gear Outlet.
Easy Return Shipping
Not sure if you'll like it? Don't worry -- if you are not happy with your order, we are happy to accept a return or an exchange with no questions asked. Click for full details.